Illuminati & The Conspiracy Theory
A key figure in the conspiracy theory movement, Myron Fagan, devoted his latter years to finding evidence that a variety of historical events from Waterloo, The French Revolution, JFK’s assassination and the communist plot to hasten the New World Order by infiltrating theHollywood film industry, were all orchestrated by the Illuminati.
It is to be noted that the main groundswell of interest in the Illuminati and the assertions that it exists today began after the publication of The Illuminatus trilogy, written in the 1970s by two then Playboy associate editors, Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. A post-modern science fiction work, the trilogy looked at the Illuminati’s plot to rule the world, whilst fighting opposition.
Modern theorists have incorporated these fictional ideas, with ever more bizarre twists. One Dr. John Coleman in “Targets of the Illuminati and the Committee of 300” asserts that the Illuminati’s intentions include:  
- The establishment of a One World Government with a unified church and monetary system.
- Further advancement of ideas through mind control.
- Encouragement of the use of drugs and pornography.
- Suppression of all scientific advancement unless they considered it acceptable to their aims.
- Causing the death of 3 billion people by 2050, through wars and starvation
- Creation of mass unemployment
- Fracturing of the nuclear family by encouraging teenagers to rebel
- Use and promotion of rock music to facilitate this rebellion “which include rock gangsters such as the Rolling Stones